We know that our people are ultimately the source of our strength and the key to our success. In return, we reward our staff for their contributions and provide them with a working environment that is interesting, challenging and continually promotes personal and professional growth.
METTKO offers to its eligible employees:
Health Plan – including provincial group plans, prescription drug cards, eye care, hospital and medical services, and emergency medical services outside Canada;
Dental Plan – covering preventative and basic care;
Health Spending Account – available to pay medical expenses incurred by you and your dependent family members, if you opt out of the health and dental plans;
Employee Life Insurance / Dependent Life Insurance – employees may elect to purchase additional life insurance for themselves or their spouse;
Retirement Benefits – Company and employee-supported defined contribution pension plan with immediate vesting, optional personal investment plan, company-sponsored group registered retirement savings plan;
Compensation – we offer a generous, competitive program;
Learning and Development – in-house training programs are provided to meet the needs of and to ensure employee have the skills required to perform their jobs as effectively as possible. In addition, employees have an opportunity to receive tuition reimbursement for pre-approved courses;
Equity Ownership – METTKO encourages employees to apply to purchase shares in the Company. After six (6) months of full time employment, you may apply to the Board of Directors for consideration of your application to purchase shares of the Company.
METTKO is interested in new interns and graduates looking to begin their careers. We welcome talented recent graduates to join our team.
METTKO offers established career paths and a variety of professional development opportunities.
We are committed to promoting from within to offer employees the opportunity to grow and develop their careers at METTKO. We offer competitive salaries and benefits package (see Benefits for more details).
METTKO offers many opportunities to begin and continue your career.
Sr. Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager reports directly to the President & CEO and will have an in-depth knowledge of commercial construction execution, project management, and client management.
As a Senior Project Manager at METTKO you will:
• Ensure the successful completion of the project, its profitability, and for retaining the owner as a continuing client of METTKO
• Monitor/control construction progress through administrative direction of on-site project personnel to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget
• Manage financial aspects of contracts to protect the company’s interests and maintain good relationships with client
• Assist with reviews and negotiate contracts; liaise with legal counsel as appropriate in conjunction with President & CEO
• Develop, recommend and implement the project plan after the project is awarded
• Identify required and optional changes in project scope; negotiate change orders with the client
• Ensure that project staff understand the company’s operating policies and practices, and applies these policies appropriately
• Hire, coach/mentor and provide direction and review the performance of personnel reporting directly to the Senior Project Manager
• Maintain safety standards in all aspects of each project
To be successful at METTKO, you will have the following qualifications and experience:
• Mechanical, Civil or Structural engineering degree or equivalent training and experience
• 10 plus years’ experience in the construction industry responsible for commercial projects $10 million and upwards
• Thorough knowledge of all aspects of commercial/civil construction (technology, equipment, materials, negotiation, engineering, estimating, scheduling and safety)
• Knowledge of and experience with a variety of project delivery methods
• Superior communication and interpersonal skills required (tact, diplomacy, influence). Must be able to apply innovative and effective management techniques to maximize employee performance
• Public sector experience is preferred
• Knowledge of Lean Design and Construction
Compensation and Benefits:
• Competitive salary with annual bonus potential
• Comprehensive benefits package including dental, optical and medical and company matched pension plan
• Equity Ownership – METTKO encourages employees to apply to purchase shares in the company. After six (6) months of full time employment, you may apply to the Board of Directors for consideration of your application to purchase shares of the Company.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you in advance for your interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.